Every day, the complex challenges of global shipping and logistics bring growing pains that fast-growing online brands struggle to negotiate. Getting products into the hands of customers quickly and affordably is a challenge for most. At Auctane, we serve and champion these merchants every day. Our software stack solves shipping and logistics problems that arise as merchants scale, so they can focus their time, energy, and resources on what matters most.
Auctane is a team of shipping and software experts with a passion for helping merchants move their ideas, dreams and innovations around the globe. The Auctane family includes ShipStation, ShipWorks, ShipEngine, ShippingEasy, Stamps, Endicia, Metapack, Shipsi, GlobalPost, and Packlink. Our partners include Amazon, UPS, USPS, eBay, BigCommerce, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Walmart.
At Metapack we work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
Why would I want to be a Pre-Sales Consultant at Metapack?
There is a rapid change going on in the retail market. Customers are ordering more and more online and are now being increasingly more demanding in terms of delivery. The retailer with the best delivery options and logistical capabilities are driving more sales, better retention and achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction, and at the same time, lower their costs. How can this be done? By using Metapack!
The Pre-Sales Consultant leads the technical and functional aspect of the sales process. Working closely with the Business Sales Team, Professional Services and Product, the Pre-sales consultant will provide operational expertise of Metapack’s delivery management software products and will be a pivotal role to continue the successful sales in Europe and the rest of the world.
This position is eligible for full-time home-based remote work.
What would I be doing?
- Be a trusted advisor to clients on how to add value by using Metapack solutions.
- Creating a best practice, sustainable and futureproof solution design based on the client’s requirements and constraints.
- Be commercially and contractually aware to ensure financial impact can be identified to both sales and clients.
- Ensure Metapack systems fit with the client’s current procedures and systems by giving demonstrations, organising and attending process design workshops.
- Work with clients to obtain agreement for the proposed solution and the initial project deliverables to pass on a complete solution design to implementation.
- Hand over the Solution Design to the internal implementation organization.
- Work with the Product organisation to share market feedback for the roadmap.
- Leading RFP/RFQ/RFI processes.
What key skills and experience do I need?
- University degree educated or equivalent education.
- Experience in SaaS, Logistics, Ecommerce or a Carrier environment.
- Excellent communicator.
- Being able to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Adaptive to change.
- Being able to make a process decomposition with MS Visio/Lucidchart/other preferred system.
- A self-starter with high energy levels.
- A high achiever with a proven track record of achievement against target.
- Can do mentality - Effective at solving problems, not just defining them.
- Creative thinker – Effective in finding ways to progress sales cycles to closure.
- Strategic Thinker - Thinks in future-oriented terms; anticipates and considers external forces.
- Independent - Not subject to the control, influence or determination of others; inner directed and not dependent on others.
- Inspiring - Can infuse spirit; influences others to creative or effective efforts.
- Strong networker - Develops and maintains relationships to help attain goals.
- Have the drive/motivation to win and go the extra mile.
- Willing to travel to visit our worldwide customers - as soon as the situation allows this.
- Fluent in French and English.