Montpellier, Occitanie, FR
Category: Computer and Mathematical Occupations
Published on 2022-01-01T00:26:38.000000Z
*Please note that we are required to add a location to job ads but this role can be based remotely in the European region.*
As an iOS engineer at Scandit, you will play a critical role in making our core computer vision technology available on the iOS platform.
You will be in charge of our App Store apps which show off our SDK that is currently in use on more than 75 million mobile phones worldwide. You will help bring out the best of the SDK by implementing an engaging user experience, a beautiful UI, and flexible remote customization. Additionally, you will be adding new features to our Enterprise Browser and Keyboard Wedge apps that provide businesses a fully-featured scanning experience without the hassle of integrating the SDK.
You will be responsible for writing well-architected and performant iOS code to provide the best possible user experience to our current and potential customers. In all this, you will work closely with our backend and mobile SDK team as well as our UX designer.
What You Will Do
As a software engineer at Scandit, you will play a critical role in making our core computer vision technology available on the iOS platform. You will be in charge of our App Store apps as well as our SDK that helps other iOS developers create engaging user experiences around barcode scanning and AR and is currently in use on more than 75 million mobile phones worldwide.
You will be responsible for writing well-architected and performant iOS code to ensure that our products live up to our customers' expectations in the mission-critical applications where they will be used. Also, you will define APIs for our global developer community and take the lead when it comes to solving challenging problems. In all this, you will work closely with our computer vision and machine learning team, our backend team as well as our UX designer.
Who You Are
- You know your way around Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS universe (UIKit, Core Animation, AV Foundation, etc.)
- You love to collaborate in a small team and quickly iterate on feedback
- You appreciate good software architecture and love to apply it to your code
- You are interested in learning some C++ (or already know C++)
- You enjoy working in an international team and dream big
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail
- You are passionate about the latest technologies and learning them
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours and a fun environment
- You will take ownership and work autonomously in an English-speaking, international, and diverse team, where your passion for working with cutting-edge technologies and highly-skilled people will flourish.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel to Zurich HQ for hackathons, Christmas parties, company outings, and other regular events
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in San Francisco, Boston, London, Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.