Greenfield is pleased to be working with a growing global insurance company in the search of a newly created Actuary position to be based in Paris to report into the European Senior Actuary. The scope of the role will also cover reserving and business planning for the European insurance business in conjunction with the actuarial teams based in the UK. Our clients’ European portfolio encompasses Financial and Professional lines as well as Casualty, Energy and Marine exposures. In this role you will support the Insurance divisions of Europe’s underwritten business across the branches with all actuarial pricing, portfolio management works, business planning and reserving.
· Development and maintenance of underwriter rating tools including supporting the replatforming of tools.
· Individual large account pricing and performance monitoring.
· Review and analyse monthly pricing information to ensure accuracy and to identify trends, opportunities or concerns.
· Implement new pricing and monitoring process for existing and new classes written in Continental Europe
· Interaction with teams to develop Advanced Analytics solutions across Europe
· Ensure adherence to local and global group pricing standards.
· Monitor Europe and MENA portfolios to identify emerging trends.
· Participate to European Quarterly Business Review committees and analyse profitability/early warning risk KPIs therein.
· Working with underwriters on strategic insight assignments such as segmental account profitability deep dives and remediation plans
· Make recommendations to underwriters to improve profitability and assess new growth opportunities across Europe and MENA.
Reserving and planning
· Participate to the Q1 and Q3 reserving process for classes written in Continental Europe.
· Participate to the annual European business plan by analysing all trends and drivers impacting the planned loss ratios for the new year ahead.
· Qualified Actuary
· Technical general insurance experience
· Strong IT skills – Excel, VBA
· Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate data clearly and accurately
· Experience in pricing commercial or specialty lines
· Experience in reserving long tail lines
· Report writing skills
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, please forward your CV in English to Muriel NEWTON (email@example.com).
Greenfield is a Luxembourg recruitment agency specializing in the Accounting & Controlling, Operational Finance & Banking, Legal and Human Resources sectors. Offering superior results through its modular approach, Greenfield makes the recruitment process faster and easier.